Appetizer Bread Stuffed with Italian SausageFrom wisjanine 8 years ago
- 1 package groundor link italian sausage shopping list
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, well drained and sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced shopping list
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- On lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into 16 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Combine cream cheese and garlic, spread lengthwise over center third of dough.
- Top with sausage, peppers, olives and Swiss cheese.
- Fold dough over filling, pinching seam to seal.
- Make slits across top of dough every 2 inches.
- Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400°F 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.