Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup cold butter cut up shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each: baking powder and baking soda shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 can cherry pie filling shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered or chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar and stir well.
- Cut in butter to make coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 3/4 cup for the topping.
- To remaining crumb mixture stir in egg, and sour cream and extract till well blended.
- With a spoon, smooth/press mixture onto a bottom of greased 9 inch springform pan and 1 inch up around the sides.
- For Filling:
- Beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Blend in egg.
- Spread onto unbaked crust.
- Spoon on pie filling, sprinkle on reserved crumbs and sprinkle on almonds.
- Bake in 350F oven 50 minutes or center appears set.
- Remove to rack and cool completely.
- Loosen edges with point of knife and remove sides of springform pan.
- Cover and chill cake.
- Center may fall a bit during cooling , still looks beautiful!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Great post, Yum, thanks for sharing, got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
sounds so good!!!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Thank you for sharing. The recipe sounds really good. You have my 5 on this. Have a wonderful day...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Party Food316 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Anything Goes286 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
Cake OLicious60 members
International Baking67 members