Tilapia FajitasFrom mkm114 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 Pounds - tilapia fillets shopping list
- 1/8 Teaspoon - garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 Teaspoon - chili powder shopping list
- 1/8 Teaspoon - fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon - lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon - Crushed Red hot pepper shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons - worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons - vegetable oil (I use extra virgin olive oil.......) shopping list
- 1 - onion (Thinly sliced) shopping list
- 1 - green bell pepper (Thinly Sliced) shopping list
- 1 - red bell pepper (Thinly Sliced) shopping list
- 1 - tomato (Diced) Optional shopping list
- salt to Taste shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to Taste shopping list
- 10 - 10-inch flour tortillas shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- chunky salsa shopping list
- guacamole shopping list
- cheddar cheese shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Combine garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, lime juice, crushed red pepper and Worchestershire sauce in a bowl. Transfer to a shallow pan or large ziplock bag. (I use the baggie!!)
- Place tilapia in pan or baggie and marinate fillets 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat.
- Saute onions, for 5 minutes, add peppers and cook until just hot; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place peppers and onions on a serving dish.
- Keep hot.
- Remove tilapia fillets from marinade and cook in frying pan on medium heat until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Place finished fish on serving dish over peppers and onions.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa (or diced tomatoes), guacamole, shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Note: The diced tomato can be used in place of the salsa or lightly cooked with the onions and bell pepper.
- Note: Steamed corn tortillas can be used in place of the flour tortillas.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmkm114 Springdale, AR
The Rating6 people
We just recently tried Tilapia and we all loved it! I will do this one.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is truly a unique recipe thank you for posting it. I am going to forward it to a friend
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Looks delicious and flavorful - thanks for sharing! ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!