Raspberry Swirl CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 6 egg whites (3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup raspberry jelly shopping list
- red food coloring shopping list
- Basic Glaze: shopping list
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp soft butter shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla, rum, or almond extract shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- To Make the Cake: In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light
- and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Add vanilla.
- In small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold by hand into the batter.
- Heat jelly until melted; cool slightly. Remove 1 cup of batter and
- add jelly. Mix well. Add food coloring, enough to give a desired pink
- Pour white batter into greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Pour jelly batter on top. With spoon swirl raspberry mixture into
- cake. Bake at for 45 to 50 minutes; turn out on wire rack or serving
- plate to complete cooling.
- To make the glaze, combine all the ingredients thoroughly, adding
- enough milk to produce a slightly runny consistency. Pour the glaze
- over the cake and drizzle with sieved raspberry jam.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating11 people
Thanks it sounds good.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
Another great cake recipe that I cannot wait to make. Great post Henrie - You've got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
mmm...thanks Henrie, this is delicious for me, got my 5 of course!magali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!