Thai Fish CakesFrom tippystclair 9 years ago
- 2 red chilis, sliced shopping list
- 8 spring onions shopping list
- 1 large handful of fresh cooriander, chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 tsp lemongrass, finely chopped (fresh or dried) shopping list
- 2 small cans of salmon, pink or red shopping list
- Dash of salt and pepper shopping list
- olive or peanut or veg oil shopping list
- *For the sauce: shopping list
- 6 Tbsp fish sauce (nam plao) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lime or lemon juice, fresh shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped (optional) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp red chilis, chopped, with seeds shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic ,crushed and very finely minced shopping list
- Directions shopping list
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. shopping list
- Cover, and keep in refrigerator. shopping list
How to make it
- For the fish cakes:
- Put chili, onions, coriander, egg and lemongrass in a blender and blend until finely chopped. (Or you can use a hand blender.)
- Add salmon, salt and pepper and blend until the consistency is like raw hamburger.
- Heat at least 1/2 inch of oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Place mixture by tablespoons into the oil and let sear on one side before turning over. Do not let oil splatter. If it does, turn down heat.
- When you turn the patties over, press down to make a very flat patty.
- Cook until golden brown and very firm.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with the chili sauce and fresh lime juice.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.