Kathys Chicken Fricassee with DumplingsFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 21/2-3lb. broiler-fryer,cut up shopping list
- 1c baking mix shopping list
- 2tsp salt shopping list
- 1tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/8tsp pepper shopping list
- 2Tbs shortening shopping list
- 1Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 can(101/2oz) cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 11/2c milk shopping list
- Dumpling Dough: shopping list
- 1/2t parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/4tsp poutry seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Wash chicken pieces and pat dry. Mix baking mix,salt,paprika and pepper in paper or plastic bag. Shake 2 or 3 pieces of chicken at a time in bag to coat thoroughly. Melt shortening and butter in large skillet;brown chicken on all sides.
- Remove chicken. Drain fat from skillet;stir in soup and milk and add chicken. Cover and simmer about 1 hour or till thickest pieces are tender.
- Twenty minutes before end of cooking time,prepare dumpling dough as directed on baking mix pkg.,adding parsley flakes and poultry seasoning before mixing in liquid. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot chicken. Cook,uncovered 10 mins;cover and cook 10 mins. longer.
- I make a double batch of sauce.