Caramel PieFrom laurakaay 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine milk, flour and eggs together making sure the flour does not lump on you.
- In a dutch oven, over high heat bring the brown sugar, water and butter to a boil. Boil together for 2 or 3 minutes, this will give you a strong caramel flavor.
- While it's boiling, add the flour mixture to the boiling sugar water mixture. I use a whisk for this and don't stop stirring until it is all incorporated into the boiling liquid.
- Remove from the heat, cool for 5 minutes stirring only once while you add in the vanilla.
- Pour into 2 baked pie shells.
- Allow the pie to cool and top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating6 people
Sounds great, easy and great. Got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I make this one a lot and it is a family favorite! It is heavenly!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
OMG Laura! My feelings are there is simply too much chocolate going on out there -- caramel all the way, I say!! And I have all this stuff in my cupboards and pie shells waiting to be used in the freezer! That's a little scary!auntybea in Vernon loved it