Avacado and Papaya SaladFrom laurakaay 8 years ago
- 2 large avocados. shopping list
- 1 small papaya fruit. shopping list
- 1 ruby red grapefruit. shopping list
- 1 small head of lettuce. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. shopping list
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinagar. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white sugar shopping list
- salt and black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the avocados and the papaya, then remove the pits and seeds.
- Cut the fruit into one inch pieces and mix them together in a suitably sized bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit, then segment it, removing the thin membrane from each of the segments.
- Cut the segments in half then add to the fruit mixture.
- Wash the lettuce and break into leaves.
- Place the the leaves on a platter and put the fruit mixture on top of them.
- Put theolive oil, lemon juice, raspberry vinegar, sugar salt and pepper together in a food processor, pulse until all is emulsified stirl in poppyseeds.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve with a crusty, warm roll.
- Sometimes I add grilled chicken breast to the mix and make it a big, eat your heart out salad....mmmmmm tasty!
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating5 people
I like the papaya and the citrus from the lemon juice.The ruby red grapefruit is so colorful with the green of the avocado.
Great recipe well balences
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Sounds like it will be great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Yum! this sounds really tasty. Avocados are my favorite too,well one of my favorite foods.invisiblechef in loved it