ZUCCHINI ALMOND CAKEFrom debwin 6 years ago
- 3c all purpose flour shopping list
- 2tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3c sugar( I use less) shopping list
- 11/4c vegetable oil shopping list
- 1tsp almond extract shopping list
- 3c finely grated peeled zucchini shopping list
- 1c ground almonds shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 11/2c icing sugar shopping list
- 2T milk shopping list
- 1/2tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1/4c toasted sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Grease well and flour a 10'' tube pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until thick and pale. Gradually add sugar, 1/4c at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in oil and almond extract.
- Blend in dry ingredients, mixing until smooth. Stir in zucchini and almonds. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hr and 15min. or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 15mins. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack. Spread with almond glaze.
- ALMOND GLAZE
- In a small bowl stir together icing sugar, milk and almond extract until smooth and spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle top with almonds.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookdebwin Toronto, CA
The Rating5 people
I LOVE your recipe! I think it is especially nice with the ground almonds added. Thanks so much for this great "5" fork recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
This cake sounds delicious!. I am trying it for my friends party.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This recipe transforms humble zucchini bread to a "wow" zucchini bread! Wonderful...jjuliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!