Grilled Miso SalmonFrom wiffy 7 years ago
- (A) Main Ingredients:: shopping list
- 2 salmon fillets shopping list
- 1 cup frozen vegetables/peas, cooked in microwave or steamer according to package instructions. shopping list
- some stalks of aspragus, remove hard skin along lower stalk using a butter knife shopping list
- bonito flakes (for garnishing) shopping list
- (B) Paste for miso marinate:: shopping list
- 2 tbsp miso paste shopping list
- 1 tsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp mirin shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp grated ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sake or white cooking wine shopping list
- a bit of black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Add the ingredients listed at (B) in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Pull out the bones from the salmon fillet using your fingers or a tweezer.
- Marinate the salmon fillets with the ingredients you mixed in step 1. Leave in fridge for at least half an hour, and longer if you can.
- Season the asparagus with some salt and pepper, then grill.
- Grill the salmon fillets, skin side down first, for about 4 minutes each side (or till lightly browned) over medium fire.
- Serve cooked salmon fillets with the asparagus and mixed vegetables, and topped with bonito flakes.
- More photos & full story at http://www.noobcook.com/2008/04/18/grilled-miso-salmon/