Japonais style DumplingsFrom matelda 6 years ago
- 1 packet Gyoza wrap/ dumpling wraps (20pcs) shopping list
- 200grams mince pork shopping list
- 1tsp finely chopped leek shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- Cut 1 quater of a whole cabbage shopping list
- Marinate ingredients: shopping list
- 1tsp white pepper shopping list
- 2tbsp corn flour shopping list
- 2tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1tbsp mirin shopping list
- 1tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Firstly rinse the cabbage and finely chopped into tiny pieces, then add the salt and squeeze out the extra juices from the cabbage. leave aside.
- Now prepare the mince pork and combined all the marinate ingredients together with it and mix well.
- Then add in the cabbage and leek into the mixture. Mix it well.
- Peel each dumpling wrap and place half a spoonful of mixture in the wrap and pinch it the dumpling way.
- After wrapping all the dumplings, prepare a pan and add some oil in it.
- Place the dumplings on the pan and pan fry it. Some call it sticky pan dumplings because you tend to stick the three sides of the dumpling till it cooks before you serve.
- Tips: When you are wrapping the dumplings and the surface of the wraps turns sticky, you may want to freeze it in the freezer until you finish wrapping up the rest. Also if you find the mixture is watery, freeze it for a while before you continue to wrap.
- Futhermore, while you are cooking the freeze dumplings on little bit of oil, you may decide to sprinkle some water while pan fry it. Enjoy cooking!