White Bean and Tomato SauteFrom frankieanne 8 years ago
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped (I like red for color) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed (I used cannellini) shopping list
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into small pieces (pictured are enough grape tomatoes, quartered to make 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 to 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- My additions to this recipe: 1 clove of minced garlic and 1 Tbs of fresh chopped basil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add beans and tomatoes. Here is where I also add the garlic and basil. Cook, stirring occasionally until tomatoes are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookfrankieanne Somewhere, Else
The Rating3 people
Sounds interesting and I will add your suggested garlic and fresh basil. Thanks, Frankieanne ... and I do love cannellini beans....yum!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Reporting back. I tried this with fresh basil and minced garlic and it really worked for us. Great recipe - gets a high from me. Thanks again, hon!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!