Fresh Peachy CobblerFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 6 to 8 fresh firm ripe peaches shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup of sugar to taste ( I use 1 cup ) shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine melted shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond flavor shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
How to make it
- Wash peaches ( do not skin ), dry and cut up into wedges.
- Melt butter or margarine and pour into a 9 inch square pan.
- Mix sugar with cut up peaches.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix in milk and egg into a thick batter.
- Pour batter over melted butter or margarine.
- Layer on the peaches, spooning on any juices/sugar.
- Bake in a 350F oven about 45 minutes or top is golden and set.
- Cool to warm.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish if desired, with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Note: topping is cake like but you could use any good biscuit topping recipe if you prefer.
- Plus you could easily substitute other fresh fruit such as plums, nectarines, etc.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
This looks devine! I can't wait to make this one! Thank you for posting..blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
Sounds great! I'll have to try this with summer fruits. I think blackberries would be tasty.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Hi Midge! I made your cobbler recipe tonight for guests. It was fantastic and a sure keeper. I made one with peaches and almond extract and one with blackberries and vanilla extract. They were both a hit and there were no left overs. I caught my son ...moregrandmommy in Nashville loved it