Almond Crescent CookiesFrom cgendy 7 years ago
How to make it
- I know this is going to sound strange and unconventional but follow the steps as is.
- Mix flour and almonds or butter and ¾ cup of sugar in a deep mixing bowl. It will form a crumby mixture.
- Add the room temp butter to flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Mix all by hand and quickly so it doesn't lose its consistency and start melting into a goo. It should be thick and creamy
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- When set it should not stick to your fingers as it did before.
- Form into small crescents by taking small amount of dough into the palm of your hand and rolling into a cigar shape and then bring in the ends to make a C. Put on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until just very slightly browned.
- Sift remaining sugar over cookies as soon as they come out of the oven while hot so the powder sticks. Let cool.
The Cookcgendy Manalapan, NJ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!