Pork in Clay PotFrom cherriepie 7 years ago
- * caramel * shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsn water shopping list
- * pork and marinade * shopping list
- 300 grams pork belly roughly chopped into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup fish sauce shopping list
- 2/3 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tbsn water shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Set pan over a medium heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat and cook syrup, without stirring, to an amber/caramel colour. Remove from heat and allow caramel to continue to darken a few more minutes in residual heat in pan.
- Transfer while still warm to a lidded glass jar, cool. If desired, make larger quantities of caramel and stored unrefrigerated for up to a year.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine pork with cooled caramel (caramel must be cool or it will prematurely cook the meat), fish sauce, oil, water and salt; toss to coat with chopsticks. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium-size Vietnamese/Asian clay pot. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook 30 minutes until meat is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Season with a little freshly ground black pepper and serve hot in the clay pot at the table.
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!