German Chocolate CookiesFrom lenora 5 years ago
- cookiE DOUGH: shopping list
- 1-1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tbls. water shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 c. (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk, plus more as needed to thin shopping list
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 c. flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine brown sugar, unsalted butter, water and vanilla extract; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Add to unsalted butter mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan combine evaporated milk, granulated sugar, unsalted butter and egg yolks; stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract, pecans and coconut. Cool completely. Lightly frost cookies.
The Cooklenora Oak Park, MI
The Rating4 people
great recipe love cookies thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
These look yummy.....wish I had a couple right now!m2googee in Tomball loved it
This cookie recipe looks awesome! I have a relative living in Berlin that I will send this to. Thank you and high 5 for an excellent recipe post!chacha in New York loved it