Oatmeal CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup quick oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening (I use oil) shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Pour boiling water over the oats. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Cream shortening, white sugar, brown sugar.
- Mix with the oats.
- Add eggs and vinalla.
- Sift together and add to the above flour, soda, cinnamon, salt.
- Bake in 9" by 13" pan 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.
- Then put on topping.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup coconut
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Mix and put on top of cake.
- Broil until it bubbles.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating2 people
We used to have this back in the day and it was delicious - thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I cannot wait to taste it again - that broiled topping is yummo.
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it