Orange Beef Stir FryFrom caramia 9 years ago
- 1 cup long-grain white rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, (from 1 orange) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1 pound top or bottom round steak, cut into strips, 2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 bunch (1 pound) broccoli, florets broken into small pieces (reserve stalks for another use) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, (ribs and seeds removed), cut into strips, 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to package instructions; set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or liquid-measuring cup, combine orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar; set aside. In a medium bowl, toss beef with cornstarch; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine broccoli with 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high; cook, partially covered, until broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Discard any water in skillet; wipe with paper towel.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high. When pan is very hot, add half the beef; cook until browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer beef to plate with broccoli. Repeat with remaining oil and remaining beef, but leave beef in skillet.
- Return reserved beef and broccoli to skillet; add orange-juice mixture and bell pepper. Continue cooking over high heat until sauce thickens, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve over rice.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcaramia US.
The Rating6 people
i love this thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds marvelous! Can't wait to try it.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Orange beef is one of my favs! Thanks, Caramia, for a version I can make at home!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!