Maroccan Rib RoastFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1 4- to 5-pound beef rib roast shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into slivers shopping list
- Assorted peeled and cut-up vegetables, such as carrots, turnips, and sweet peppers shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl stir together coriander seeds, lemon peel, olive oil, cumin, red pepper, and salt. Rub surface of meat thoroughly with coriander mixture.
- Cut 1/2-inch-wide slits randomly into top and sides of meat. Insert garlic slivers deep into slits. If desired, cover and chill meat for up to 24 hours.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place meat on the lightly oiled grill rack over the drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 155 degree F for medium doneness.
- Add assorted cut-up vegetables to grill during the last 45 minutes of grilling, removing and setting them aside as they become tender.
- Carve meat and serve with the grilled vegetables. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- You may prepare this recipe using leg of lamb instead of a beef rib roast as part of a more authentic Moroccan feast. For a 3- to 4-pound leg of lamb, grill for 2 to 3 hours.