Tomato PuddingFrom dancegypsy67 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put the bread in the dish and pour the melted butter over the top. Turn the pieces to coat them completely.
- Heat the puree in a sauce pan, add the brown sugar – start with 1/3 cup; stir, taste and add more until it has the “right” amount of sweetness. Add salt and pepper. Pour this over the top of the bread. Spread to cover as needed. (At this point, you can set it aside until everything else is about a half an hour away from being served…the bread will soak up the liquid and that’s a good thing.)
- Put in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, the top should just be starting to caramelize, but not burn.
The Cookdancegypsy67 Nipomo, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!