Key Lime Coconut BarsFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, KEY LIME! shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated shopping list
- powdered sugar & toasted coconut, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 13 baking pan. In a food processor, combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and the butter. Pat evenly into pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add 2 cups sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, baking powder, Key lime juice, coconut and lime zest. Stir until well-mixed. Pour mixture over baked crust.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven until top is firm, about 35 minutes. Let cool slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and toasted coconut.
- Cut while still a little warm.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
Made these for Easter and was very proud to serve them. I used an 8" square pan with most of the crust and all of the batter - thick and chewy. Perfect! Thanks for the recipe, crabhappychick!skimama in loved it
FANTASTIC LOVE THESE THANKSminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Outstanding - and I love lime and coconut! Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it