Key Lime Coconut BarsFrom crabhappychick 9 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, KEY LIME! shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated shopping list
- powdered sugar & toasted coconut, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 13 baking pan. In a food processor, combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and the butter. Pat evenly into pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add 2 cups sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, baking powder, Key lime juice, coconut and lime zest. Stir until well-mixed. Pour mixture over baked crust.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven until top is firm, about 35 minutes. Let cool slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and toasted coconut.
- Cut while still a little warm.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
Outstanding - and I love lime and coconut! Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it
FANTASTIC LOVE THESE THANKSminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Made these for Easter and was very proud to serve them. I used an 8" square pan with most of the crust and all of the batter - thick and chewy. Perfect! Thanks for the recipe, crabhappychick!skimama in loved it