No fry deep fried mushroomsFrom chexmx 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and about 2 tsp of salt. (keep the mushrooms whole.)
- Saute them for about 10 minutes, the idea is to have the mushrooms give up some water while adding some flavor.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
- Put the flour in a zip lock bag or a plastic container with a lid and add about a tsp of salt to the flour.
- Add the mushrooms to the flour and shake them up to coat.
- Remove the shrooms from the flour.
- Beat the 2 egg whites together in a bowl and add the mushrooms, again just to coat them with egg.
- Put the bread crumbs in a bowl or plastic container and add the mushrooms.
- Shake them around to coat them as much as you can with the bread crumbs.
- Place the shrooms on a baking sheet (I just put them on tin foil) and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When I make these I usually just use the same plastic container for all 3 coating steps, I just rinse it out in between each step...dry it too. (I hate doing a lot of dishes.)
People Who Like This Dish 7
- wildbirdy Flin Flon, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- juliecake Bluffdale, UT
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- watalou04 Springfield, IL
- cypress Tallahassee, FL
- haolewife Vacaville, CA
- hayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- raelene1951 Brighton, CO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchexmx Oakdale, MN
The Rating6 people
great recipe now I dont have to fry them Thank you.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great idea, nearly guilt-free!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
These sound really good ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!