Fannie Farmers All-American Beef StewFrom bostonmargy 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 lbs stewing beef shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
- 1 tbs lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp allspice shopping list
- 12 small carrots, trimmed and scraped shopping list
- 12 small white onions, trimmed (optional) shopping list
- 8 small or 4 medium new potatoes. If medium sized, quarter. Otherwise, leave whole shopping list
- Additional veggies, such as mushrooms, green beans or zucchini shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper and roll beef cubes until coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. When the oil is hot, add beef in small batches. Brown and remove. Add next batch. Don't overcrowd the skillet.
- When the last of the beef is a rich, brown color, return to pan and add four cups boiling water. Be careful of splatters. Stir to combine.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and allspice. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add carrots and other vegetables and cook an additional 20 - 25 minutes, until tender.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookbostonmargy Arlington, MA
The Rating6 people
Sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Terrific! :)noir in Boston loved it
Here's to Fannie Farmers beef stew and here's to you for posting it! Thanks so much for a great "5" fork recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!