Finnish Trobie CookiesFrom oregongrandma 9 years ago
- 1 cup shortening - part butter shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda dissolved in 1/2 cup sour milk shopping list
- 2 cups quick cooking oats shopping list
- Recipe for date filling: shopping list
- 1 lb. dates cut up small shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water. Cook until thick. Cool. shopping list
How to make it
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- add alternatly with flour and sour milk
- then stir in oats. Chill dough
- Roll dough quite thin and cut into circles.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 or 12 minutes.
- When cool, add filling and put together sandwich style.
- Note: This recipe is quite old and I wrote it as it was.
The Cookoregongrandma OR
The Rating3 people
Love the old recipes. Everyone always has their own little secret to make the recipe "their own". Thanks for sharing!
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
I know this cookie really well because we also have Finnish in our ancestry. This is a great 5 fork recipe and what a surprise to see it here! Thank you.peepers in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!