Cider Brined Pork ChopsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 cups apple cider shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried sage shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 4 pork loin chops shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oil shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup brandy shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Combine apple cider and water in a saucepan then bring to a boil.
- Add salt, sugar, pepper, sage and cinnamon stirring to dissolve.
- Cool brine then refrigerate until cold.
- Put chops into a glass baking dish.
- Pour cold brine over chops then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Soak dried berries in brandy for 30 minutes.
- Drain reserving fruit and brandy separately.
- Remove chops from brine and discard brine then pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When pan is hot add chops and cook 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chops from pan and keep warm.
- Pour off any fat in the pan.
- Put the pan back on medium high heat and deglaze with reserved brandy cooking until reduced.
- Add broth, cider and cranberries then cook until reduced by half.
- Turn heat to medium low.
- Put arrowroot into a measuring cup and whisk in half and half and mustard.
- Stir several spoonfuls of the hot broth mixture one at a time into the half and half to warm.
- Add to the pan stirring until lightly thickened then pour sauce over chops and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!