Spiced Smashed LentilsFrom faith 9 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse and drain the lentils.
- Mince the shallots and garlic and chop the cilantro.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the shallots and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for about five minutes, until softened and golden.
- Add the garam masala and lentils. Stir so the lentils are coated with the oil and garlic, then add the cilantro and cook until wilted.
- Add 4 cups of water and turn the heat to high.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. If they are too watery at the end, leave the lid off for a couple minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mash with a fork.
People Who Like This Dish 32
The Cookfaith Orlando, FL
The Rating5 people
Hiya! I just made this up for our lunch and it was really good. A nice quick and easy dish. I am not sure what kind of lentils you used but I used red ones and they worked great. Very tasty ... very versatile dish. THANKS!dee in Tampa loved it
I love lentils and love this dishpsy333che in Long Branch loved it
Love the lentil, especially with garam marsala. Yum.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it