Halibut With Corn And Cream SauceFrom httpmom 8 years ago
- I haven't an ioda where this recipe came from but I have been making it for over a year now. shopping list
- 4 Tbs Real butter shopping list
- 4 Ears fresh corn, kernels cut from the cob * See Note shopping list
- 6 scallions or shallots, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, minced shopping list
- cayenne pepper, to taste shopping list
- red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 1/4Cup white wine shopping list
- 1- 1 ½ Cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 Lbs halibut, or any meaty fish or scallops shopping list
How to make it
- For the Sauce:
- Plop the butter into a medium skillet.
- Add corn and green onion.
- Note: I I slice the kernels off the cob right in the pan so as to keep them all from flying about.
- Saute until onions are wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cayenne and hot pepper flakes and saute for 3 minutes more.
- Add the wine to the pan and deglaze...stirring well and cooking until all wine is evaporated.
- Add the heavy cream, lower the heat and simmer until reduced by 1/3.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- For the Fish:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for several minutes.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper, flour dusting, and a little sugar to brown and caramelize it.
- Add the fish.
- Sear 5 minutes on each side. If using scallops make this 2 mins per side.
- Spoon some of the sauce on each plate and top with the fish.
- Makes 4 servings.
- I served this with Brown Rice Mix from Trader Joe's but a nice garlic mash is just as delicious!
The Cookhttpmom San Francisco Bay Area, CA
The Rating4 people
Yum! I think my husband might even LIKE the fish if he could have this sauce on top of it -- anything creamed! Got my 5 and I've put halibut and fresh corn on my shopping list for tomorrow!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Fantastic, I love it!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Incredibly delicious....thank you!Bliss1 in loved it