Breakfast Home FriesFrom maryphilbrick 6 years ago
How to make it
- This is a very easy recipe:
- Fry onions separately- fry with real butter until onions are soft and set aside
- Use either a fry daddy if you have one or a cast iron medium/large skillet
- fill about 3/4 full with Canola oil (enough to completely saturate potatoes)
- Pre heat the oil for about 5-10 minutes
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into small cubes
- Immerse potatoes in deep fryer/skillet (be careful not to get splatted by the oil)
- It's important to keep an eye on the potatoes to ensure you don't over cook them ( I like mine to have a crisp outside and nice and chewy inside)
- Once the potatoes start browning (I prefer them to be very lightly browned, they taste much better that way) remove them from the skillet- (I place paper towels over a large plate so I can have the potatoes spread out for when I add the seasonings)
- As soon as you have the potatoes taken out mix in the fried onions and then, add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika (the oil will soak up the seasonings)
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and add to your breakfast.
- Dipping these in egg yolk is THE BEST!