Braised Beef Short RibsFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 8 each 8 oz cut boneless beef short ribs shopping list
- 1 cup diced carrot shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1 cup diced onions shopping list
- 6 crushed garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 bunch of thyme shopping list
- 1 sprig of rosemary shopping list
- 4 cups red wine, preferably merlot shopping list
- 2 quarts veal stock shopping list
How to make it
- Heat an oven to 350 F.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large braising pan on a stove top to medium heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil is slightly hot, but not smoking, add the short ribs and carefully sear on all sides, lightly caramelizing until golden brown.
- Remove the short ribs from the pan and continue until all short ribs are complete.
- Turn down the heat under the braising pan and add the garlic, herbs and vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables lightly for 10 minutes and then place the short ribs in with the vegetables.
- Add the red wine and the veal stock and cover the braising pan with aluminum foil or a lid to cover.
- Place the braising pan in the oven and braise for 4-6 hours or until tender.
- (Short ribs may all braise differently as the fat content may vary; this is one particular reason you must take note of the timing you braise your short ribs.)
- Once tender remove from the oven and place in a cooler to chill.
- Once the short ribs have chilled, remove from the liquid and then strain the liquid through a colander.
- Place the braising liquid in a sauce pot and reduce until a sauce consistency is developed. Set the sauce aside.
- To serve: Place the braised short ribs in the reduced braising sauce and heat through slowly. Remove from the pan and plate, spooning the sauce over the short ribs.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Mmmm, I know these have got to be tasty!
jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
I'll bet that these just melt in your mouth! What a nice recipe, too! Thanks for sharing this one!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
This is a wonderful recipe for Short Ribs!!!!!!!!Printed off. Thanks for the post.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it