Soft And Chewy Peanut Butter CookiesFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups White sugar shopping list
- 1 cup salted butter, softened shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
- Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars using an electric mixer set at medium speed.
- Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla, and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix at low speed until just mixed. DO NOT OVERMIX! (In fact, I just use a large wooden spoon.)
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, 1 1/2-inches apart.
- With a wet fork gently press a crisscross pattern on top of cookies. In order to keep dough from sticking to the fork as you proceed, dip the fork in water after each cookie is flattened.
- Bake for 19-22 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along the edges.
- Transfer cookies immediately to cool surface with spatula.
- As a variation, add 2 cups coarsly chopped semi-sweet chocolate bar or 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips to the flour mixture, then bake as directed.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating15 people
Favorite! high 5jett2whit in Union City loved it
Sound great! Thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
I loveeeeeeeee these cookies! I could eat half the bag by myself. I love this fantastic recipe.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!