Rhubarb Bundt CakeFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1/2 cup solid shortening (such as Crisco, but don't use the butter flavor for this cake) shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups diced rhubarb shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream together solid shortening, white and brown sugar and egg.
- Mix in flour, salt and baking soda alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the rhubarb.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl, mixing together well.
- Generously grease a Bundt cake pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the topping mixture over the greased bottom and sides of the Bundt cake pan.
- Pour cake batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining topping mixture over top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes, until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Remove pan from oven and allow cake to cool on a rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently knock the cake pan on the counter a couple times to help release the cake...invert pan and release cake onto a wire rack.
- Allow cake to cool completely before covering it.
- Do not refrigerate this cake.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
Looks wonderful!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Sure does sound good. I have rhubarb on my mind also but I think other thing have just about killed mine out. Just have to wait and see.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
Rhubarb is one of my favorites, afraid mine is as close as the store freezer :( Wish I had the good home grown stuff. You got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!