Piece Of Cake Key Lime PieFrom muffinmadame 5 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 C sugar shopping list
- 1/3 C butter, melted, plus 1 T melted butter for coating pie plate shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 5-6 egg yolks shopping list
- zest of one lime shopping list
- 1 C fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 C heavy cream shopping list
- 2 T sugar shopping list
- 1 t vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat pie plate with melted butter.
- In a mixing bowl mix 1/3 C melted butter with sugar and cracker crumbs. Spread this mixture on bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lime zest and juice.
- After crust is ready, pour filling into crust and cotinue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight.
- Whip cream , sugar, and vanilla just before serving and spread on pie. Top pie with extra lime zest and lime slices if desired.
The Cookmuffinmadame NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!