Torta di Limone e Arancia -Lemon and Orange CakeFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
How to make it
- Put the whole oranges and lemon in a heavy-based saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours, topping up with water if necessary. Drain and leave to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325�F (170�C).
- Grease and line a 9 inch (23 cm) round cake tin.
- Cut the fruits in half and discard any pips.
- Put the fruit, in batches, in a food processor and blend with the sugar to form a puree.
- Put the puree in a large bowl and, using a hand mixer, beat in the egg yolks and almonds.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not too dry, then fold into the fruit mixture.
- Gently spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and carefully level the surface. Bake in the oven for 1 and 1/2 hours until golden, firm to the touch, and a skewer, when inserted into the center, comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar before serving with mascarpone cheese.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
how luscious! Thanks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
This would be good for a special dinner for two.
I love Dusting a cake unsung paper doily to make a pattern.
How lovely the marriage between the orange and the almonds.
trigger in loved it
This sounds great. You've got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!