Bubble N SqueakFrom cherriepie 6 years ago
- 1/4 head of cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (e.g. carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, peas, celery and/or beans) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the potatoes until cooked. When ready mash them and leave aside.
- In a pan sauté the cabbage and onion till tender and caramelised. Meanwhile boil the other vegetables then gently mash with a fork.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, place in a large bowl and combine.
- Add the egg and mix with a fork.
- Ladle a couple of spoonfuls of mixture into a pan of hot olive oil. Cook until nice and golden brown.
- Serve with fried streaky bacon.
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
The Rating4 people
I love bubble adn squeak! So good to see it here.buzzbear in New Westminister loved it
This is really tasty...a great thing to do with the little bits of veggie leftovers we all have tucked in out fridge but which more often than not, end up in the trash bin....NOT ANYMORE
I skipped the bacon part...This stood well on it's own and...moremagflower in Atlanta loved it
I didn't use the cabbage, but had left over vegies from a roast - made it delish!sphinxmistress in Newcastle loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!