Buttermilk CookiesFrom mrspotatohead 8 years ago
- For cookies shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup well-shaken buttermilk shopping list
- For glaze shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons well-shaken buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Whisk together flour, zest, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in vanilla. Mix in flour mixture and buttermilk alternately in batches at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture, until smooth.
- Drop level tablespoons of dough about 1 1/2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, until cookies are puffed and edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes per batch. Cool cookies on sheets 1 minute, then transfer cookies to racks.
- Whisk together all glaze ingredients and brush onto tops of warm cookies.
- Let stand until cookies are completely cooled and glaze is set.
- Note: Cookies are best the day they're made but can be frozen, wrapped well, up to 1 month.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!