Zucchini And Tomato SauteFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or salad oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves shopping list
- 4 tsp. each sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp. dried oregano leaves shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 1-1/2 Ibs. zucchini (4 to 6 medium), unpeeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onion in oil in a large frying pan until soft but not browned. Mix in garlic, tomatoes, salt, basil, sugar, oregano, pepper, and wine.
- Bring to boiling, cover. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 min.
- Uncover. Mix in zucchini. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until tomato sauce is reduced and thickened and zucchini is tender-crisp, about 10 min. Salt to taste.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating5 people
This looks great. I love tomatoes and zucchini.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Wonderful! Thank you for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Love it.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it