Pork Medallions With Apricots And AlmondsFrom auntybea 5 years ago
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut in thin rounds and pounded as for scallopini shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup port wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots (about 10 whole) shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Pat pork dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Dust with flour. In large flat skillet, heat 2 to 3 tbsp. butter; cook pork (in batches if necessary) 1 or 2 minutes on each side or until done. Add more butter as necessary. Transfer to serving platter and keep warm in 200 F. oven.
- Pour off excess fat from skillet and return pan to heat. Add onion and port; bring to boil, stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan and cook 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add apricots, almonds and cream; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Arrange pork on a serving dish and pour sauce overtop. Sprinkle with slivered almonds for garnish.