Roasted Vegetable LasagnaFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1cup onions diced shopping list
- 1 cup celery diced shopping list
- 3 tbsp garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (crushed) shopping list
- 3 cups tomatoes (cherry) shopping list
- 28 oz pasta sauce your favorite brand shopping list
- 2 tbsps Itailian seasonings (oregano, parsely, basil, rosemary) shopping list
- 2 eggplants (medium sized - not peeled) shopping list
- 2 zucchini shopping list
- 2 squash yellow shopping list
- 5 carrots (peeled) shopping list
- 1 lb aspargus shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- 4 cups cheese (or 5 cups tofu silken) shopping list
- olive oil, salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot add 2 tsps olive oil - add onions, celery, garlic and cook till onions are transparent. Add pepper flakes and tomatoes and simmer over low heat. Add your pasta sauce, herbs and continue to simmer while you create the remainder of the dish.
- Take Eggplant and slice horizonitally (all vegetables are done on horizonital cuts) slicing approximately 1/4" thick - place in a large dish cover with kosher salt and place a layer of plastic wrap over top of the eggplant - place a heavy object on top to weight the eggplant. Leave this until you can see a remarkable amount of fluids at the bottom of the dish. Approximately 50 minutes to and hour and a half. Wash the eggplant and pat dry - this is what is known as blanching or proofing your eggplant - it removes any bitterness the eggplant may have.
- Cut the remainder of your vegetables - zucchini, squash and carrots in the same horizontal fashion approximately 1/4" thick. Along with the asparagus - place all of your vegetables in a large bowl and cover with a generous amount of Extra Virgin Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. The Red Peppers can be roasted whole and then cleaned and cut into segments after grilling. Preheat your grill (indoor or outdoor - if using outdoor I sometimes try to add some hickory or mesquite smokiness to it) the grill should be close to 400 degrees.....place all of the vegetables on the grill - turning after 4-5 minutes or until a nice char has been made. Remove vegetables to a sheet pan to cool.
- Take the asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces and place in your sauce.
- In a large 8 x 13 baking pan add 1/2 cup of your sauce to the bottom of the dish and spread evenly over the bottom. Arrange your eggplant over the bottom of the dish (these are used in place of any lasagna noodles that you would use in regular lasagna)
- Using one half of your vegetables (except the zucchini and squash) layer them over top of the eggplant - using 1/3 of your sauce cover with sauce and then with the cheese. Your next layer will be the zucchini and squash. Repeat with your roasted vegetables - sauce and cheese - bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbling and melted ..... enjoy!!!
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating7 people
Yummy!bvannetter1955 in PALM DESERT loved it
Love this. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
What a great idea, healthy lasagna! love it. Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!