Grandmas Old Fashioned Oatmeal CookiesFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
- 1 cup unbleached flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 14 tbsps (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter (room temp) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar granulated shopping list
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned type no instant stuff) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees - you will need 3 baking sheets lined with parchment paper (again the parchment keeps the cookie from burning and makes clean up faster).
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Beat together with mixer at low speed - butter and sugar until the sugar granulas are not visible. Increase speed and beat 1 minute longer, scrape sides as needed and add egg, beat another 30 seocnds. Add flour mixture 1/3 at a time and incorperate well over med speed until mixture is smooth. Add oatmeal and stir into the dough using your rubber spatula.
- Divide into 24 equal portions and bake for 13 to 16 minutes placing only one cookie sheet in the oven at a time and rotating the cookie sheet half way through your cooking time.......these are the best and the thinnest cookies and very crispy
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating9 people
Love these. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
love these thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Love Oatmeal cookies, thanks for the post, you have my 5.
Good to see you posting again :0)
God Blesshenrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!