Triple Chocolate Ice CreamFrom redkitchen 5 years ago
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided shopping list
- 2 (1 oz.) semi sweet chocolate baking squares, cut into chunks (or use 1/3 cup chocolate chips) shopping list
- 2 (1 oz.) unsweetened chocolate squares, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 8 egg yolks (you can get by using 5) shopping list
- 4 tea. vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 tea. salt shopping list
- 4 (1 oz.) milk chocolate candy bars, chopped. shopping list
How to make it
- . In small saucepan, place 1/2 cup whipping cream, semisweet and unsweetened chocolate chunks. Heat over medium low heat until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat half and half until very hot but NOT boiling, stirring often. Set aside
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cocoa powder; set aside. Place egg yolks in mixer bowl and beat; gradually add sugar mixture and mix about 30 seconds or until well blended and slightly thickened. Very gradually add chocolate mixture and half and half; mix until blended.
- Return half and half mixture to mdeium saucepan; stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until small bubbles form around the edge and mixture is steamy. Do NOT boil. Transfer half and half mixture into large bowl; stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, vanilla and salt. Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 8 hours OR you chill in freezer for 2 hours.....stir after 1st hour and then stir each 15 minutes till 2 hours.
- Put the mixture into your ice cream maker and let it to go work. During the last couple minutes of freeze time, add in the milk chocolate candy.
- Store in airtight container in freezer