Seriously Fresh Mushroom And Spinach OmeletteFrom michael 6 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 3-4 mushrooms (I like large flat ones) roughly sliced shopping list
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 spring onion (finely sliced) shopping list
- 1 Handful of Emmental cheese (grated - probably about 20g) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Get that grill pre-heated!
- Whisk the three eggs good and proper.
- Get a small-medium size pan, put on a medium heat, and melt a good sized knob of butter in it.
- Add the Mushrooms, and cook (turning) until they are lightly browned.
- Wash the Spinach, and chuck it on top of the mushrooms and turn up the heat to high.
- Slowly stir/turn the Spinach in until the leaves have started to wilt (around 1 minute).
- Throw in the Spring Onions, then add a good whack of pepper and a small amount of salt to the mix.
- Scatter half of the Emmental over the pan, then immediately pour in the egg mixture, tilting the pan to distribute it evenly.
- On the high heat, you should get browned edges very quickly. Using a large spoon, pull these inwards a little and tilt the pan to get some of the excess egg mixture to flow into the gap (thank you Delia!).
- Cook on this high heat for a minute or two, then scatter the remaining Emmental over the top along with another dose of pepper and transfer to the grill.
- Keep under the grill until the top has set.
- Eat - Immediately!
The Cookmichael Harpenden, GB
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!