Five Spice Pork RoastFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 4 lb. pork shoulder roast shopping list
- *five spice powder* shopping list
- commercially purchased or make your own with: shopping list
- 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 tsp of crushed aniseed shopping list
- dash of fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- dash of cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tbsp of sesame seed shopping list
- 2 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 1 cup of apple juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine shopping list
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp of sherry wine shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of cornstarch shopping list
- steamed white rice shopping list
- green onion fans/ sliver the ends of green onions and curl in ice cold water, pat dry and top sliced meat as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the pok roast with five spice powder (about 1 1/2 tsp overall)
- heat oil in heavy dutch oven and brown the meat well on all sides.
- Add onion to the dutch oven and cook the onion until soft.
- Add sesame seeds and garlic to cooked onion, stirring constantly.
- Add the apple juice, white wine and soy sauce.
- cover tightly and bake at 325 degrees for three hours
- (can use slow cooker if desired)
- Remove meat to platter and keep warm with foil tent.
- Skim fat from pan juices.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups of juice from the pan.
- Mix sherry with corn starch; add to juices and bring to a low bubble, stir until thick and bubbly...at least two minutes.
- Spoon over sliced meat on a bed of rice, garnish platter with green onion fans..
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Sounds like a winner to me. I love the flavors at this pork party. Thank youuuu.....!lunasea in Orlando loved it