Family Style Potato SoupFrom mark555 6 years ago
- potatoes two per person plus one for the pot (8-10 medium to large) shopping list
- 1 onion (grated medium) shopping list
- 1 Cup milk (I use skim) shopping list
- ¼ Cup dice or shredded carrots shopping list
- ½ Cup diced celery including leaves shopping list
- ½ lb Velveeta cheese (cubed) shopping list
- 1-2 packages hot dogs (your choice) cut into small pieces shopping list
- ¼ - ½ Cup instant potato flakes shopping list
- Enough water to cover potatoes shopping list
- salt (to taste) shopping list
- pepper (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large kettle - If you are like me the larger the kettle the more you make. Good news is that this will freeze very well and makes a great left over.
- Peel your potatoes and cut into 1” or larger pieces.
- Add carrots, grated onion, and celery
- Cover with enough water to cook
- After potatoes are done add cheese, milk, and hot dogs
- Stir frequently until cheese is melted
- If soup is too thin add enough potato flakes to thicken to desired constancy
- If the chunks of potato are too big use a potato masher to break them up.
- Total cooking time should be about an hour but it can simmer on hold for as long as you need.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- lovebreezy Colorful, CO
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- mjcmcook Beach City, CA
- snooklyukums Cedar Rapids, IA
- grumpybaker Jacksonville, OR
- leebear Brookpark, OH
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating10 people
yummy looking i love it thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great potatoe soup thanks high 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
THE HOT DOGS ARE A NICE TOUCH - LEEBEARleebear in Brookpark loved it