Smashed Garlic PotatoesFrom hollymayb 8 years ago
How to make it
- Use last night's leftover potatoes, or:
- Puncture potatoes several times each with a fork and single wrap in foil. Bake @ 400F for 1 hr, then unwrap and let cool.
- Place potatoes on a lightly greased baking sheet
- With a saucer, small plate or the heel of your hand, gently press down on each potato until it is 'smashed'; approx. half it's original width
- Drizzle generously with olive oil
- Sprinkle very liberally with garlic powder
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bake at 450F for 30-40 minutes. The outside will be crispy and golden, the inside... just perfect...
- Serve with bacon & eggs, or a sausage/tomato/sage scramble, or a la Tom Douglas... with octopus. (Hey- don't knock it till you try it!)
The Cookhollymayb Baltimore, Maryland
The Rating4 people
My Husband and I eat them with steak. They are wonderful and it keeps me from loading them with butter or sour cream. They get my 5
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
I am a sucker for anything with garlic... Just as long as everyone else is eating it too. Well .. I don't really care if they do or not...;-)~ Great post Holly....... Jim
PS.. I hear ya about the red skinned potatoes... they are too wa...morejimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!