Sour Cream Peach KuchenFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup cold butter shopping list
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained or 13 small fresh peaches, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream shopping list
- 1 to 3 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Arrange peaches over crust. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar, sprinkle over peaches. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the egg yolks and sour cream. Spread evenly over peaches. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Store lefovers in the fridge.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating3 people
Yummy, sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I've been trying to make cheese kuchen this week with some bad results. Your recipe sounds so much better than the recipes I've tried lately. The picture shows me that your recipe is more what I've been looking for than the messes that I've made. Tha...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
By the way, if you have a good recipe for a good cheese kuchen, please post it for all of us to try. Thank you again! Annieannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!