Sun Dried Tomato TapenadeFrom auntybea 6 years ago
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained (reserve the oil) shopping list
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1 tbsp. drained capers packed in brine shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh basil or basil pesto or scant 1 tsp. crumbled dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt, to taste shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. crumbled dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary leaves or 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crumbled dried rosemary shopping list
- 3 to 5 tbsp. olive oil, including some of the oil in which the tomatoes were packed shopping list
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Place the tomatoes in a food processor and chop to a coarse puree. Remove and reserve them.
- With the motor of the processor running, drop in the garlic and chop it fine, scraping down the workbowl once or twice. Add the capers and process the mixture to a course puree. Turn off the machine.
- Return the chopped tomatoes to the processor. Add the basil, 1/2 tsp. salt, the oregano, rosemary, 3 tbsp. oil and the vinegar. Process the ingredients briefly, just long enough to mix them well; the texture should be slightly rough. Taste the mixture and add more seasonings and, if desired, more oil, stirring in the additions by hand to avoid over-processing.
- Scrape the tomato essence into a clean, dry jar and store it, covered, in the fridge where it will keep indefinitely. Let it come to room temperature before serving. Makes about 1 cup.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating5 people
looks delicious, a great addition to my ever growing recipe file...thanksdebwin in Toronto loved it
Wow, this sounds heavenly, I think it would go on everything! Well, except chocolate cake, maybe... LOL! This has to be at least a 5!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
Sounds great! I have tomatoes and basil in our garden.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it