Scones Dried Cranberry And NutsFrom shirleyoma 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons sugar plus 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely-grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, diced shopping list
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup chilled half-and-half or more, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in bowl for glaze.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, lemon peel, salt, and 1 cup sugar in large bowl. Add chilled butter; using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms. Mix in cranberries and walnuts. Add 1/2 cup half and half and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Toss with fork until dough comes together in moist clumps, adding more half and half if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into ball; divide in half. Press out each half on floured surface to 6-inch-diameter (1-inch-high) round. Cut each round into 6 wedges. Transfer to baking sheet; brush with glaze.
- Bake scones until golden and tester comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. I mix powdered sugar and cream together with a little lemon juice and drizzle over each scone!
- Yields 12 scones.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating12 people
Yummy, these sound so very good!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love cranberries and nuts and adore making and eating scones. So your recipe is all about me, me, me....hehehe. Thanks, Shirley hon - looks and sounds great. *Hugssss* and a high 5 from me...~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Shirley, looks like another awesome recipe! THanksm2googee in Tomball loved it
Comfort Foods770 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Family Favourites134 members
Anything Goes286 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
We Love It But134 members
Breakfast Recipes123 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Biscuits And Scones69 members