Garlicky Brown RiceFrom gourmetloveaffair 6 years ago
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked short-grain brown rice shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cups water shopping list
- 1 can less-sodium chicken broth, (or 1 3/4 home-made chicken stock) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- Skillet/Saute pan with high sides and a lid. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saute pan/skillet over medium high heat.
- Add rice and saute for about a minute.
- Add garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, broth, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook over medium-low heat for 55 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon into a bowl and fluff with your fork. Sprinkle with freshly-cracked pepper.
The Cookgourmetloveaffair Glendale, AZ
The Rating3 people
Great recipe! I'm bookmarking this one! Thanks!
Markmarkeverett in Riverside loved it