Texas Hold-ums Mini Chipotle Beef Burgers With Warm Fire Roasted Garlic KetchupFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 2 pounds ground sirloin shopping list
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in 1/2 shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 chipotles in adobo and 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning, a couple of palm fulls, (recommended: Montreal steak seasoning by McCormick) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed fire roasted tomatoes, about 2 cups shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 12 slices, 1/2-inch thick, brick-cut smoked Cheddar or sharp Cheddar, (recommended: Cabot), optional shopping list
- 12 small round rolls, split shopping list
- (Many markets sell mini Keiser rolls or use dinner rolls in any flavor you like) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill pan to high.
- Place the meat in a bowl. Cut the onion in half. Grate half the onion into the meat using the small grate on a box grater.
- Chop and reserve the other half onion. Add Worcestershire, chipotles and sauce and grill seasoning to burgers.
- Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil over the bowl and mix meat. Score the meat into 4 sections. Make 3 mini-burgers, each 3 inches wide, 1-inch thick, from each half-pound of meat.
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and garlic.
- Cook garlic 2 to 3 minutes then add sugar and vinegar, cook 2 minutes more and stir in tomatoes.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper and allow it to reduce 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Grill meat 2 to 3 minutes on each side and top with cheese, if you like.
- Place burgers on buns and top with raw chopped onions and warm fire roasted ketchup and serve.