Sweet Blini from MoscowFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast (from a 1 1/4 oz. envelope) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°-115°F) shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup warm whole milk (105°-115°F) 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 1 cup fine-quality apricot preserves shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Confectioners sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Make batter:
- Stir together yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, and warm water in a small bowl and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. (If mixture doesn't foam, discard and start over with new yeast, sugar, and warm water.)
- Transfer yeast mixture to a blender and add flour, salt, milk, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, then blend until combined. Pour into a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Let stand in a warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Return mixture to blender and add eggs and 2 tablespoons butter. Blend until smooth.
- To Make Blini:
- Lightly brush a 10 inch nonstick skillet with melted butter, then heat over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Holding skillet off heat, pour in 1/3 cup batter, immediately tilting and rotating skillet to coat bottom. (If batter sets before skillet is coated, reduce heat slightly.) Return skillet to heat and cook crêpe until underside and edges are just set and golden, about 1 1/2 minutes. (Loosen edge of crêpe with a heatproof rubber spatula to check.) Flip crêpe over carefully with your fingertips. Cook until other side is golden, about 1 minute more. Transfer crêpe to a plate. Brush skillet with more melted butter and make 7 more crêpes in same manner, stacking them as made and brushing skillet between each crêpe.
- Purée preserves and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth. Spread 1/2 tablespoon preserves on a crêpe and fold in eighths to form a triangle. Repeat with remaining preserves and crêpes.
- Brush a 12-inch heavy skillet with remaining butter and arrange crêpes in 1 layer with points at center of skillet. Cook over moderate heat until crêpes are beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes, then flip crêpes over with a spatula and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a platter and dust with confectioners sugar.
- Active time: 45 min Start to finish: 1-3/4 hr
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
wow great post there love itminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I started to love working with Yeast...Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it